The Gratitude Foundation…
The Gratitude Foundation was incorporated in 2011 as a 501c3. The Foundation will be focused on three primary missions during its first few years of operations:
- Research into social/impact investing, standards for measurement, social entrepreneurship and market opportunities
- Sponsorship and participation in key events with partners, universities, and social entrepreneur outlets such as The Intersection, The Skoll World Forum and Ashoka Changemakers.
- Funding of several for-profit and not-for-profit entities that have the opportunity to significantly impact a social or impact area of the market, with an initial focus on the U.S. and Latin America.
During its first year of operations, the Foundation is focused on primary research into three areas:
- The social /impact investment market – key players and top approaches to funding social entrepreneurs
- Measurement of social/impact investments – emerging standards and key players in this space
- The Education market (US , Latin America, Africa, Asia)
- Identifying not-for-profit and for-profit growth-stage opportunities seeking investment
The Gratitude Foundation is pleased to be a major sponsor in The Intersection, a forum to be held on January 14, 2012 at Pixar Animation Studies. The event will host 300-400 top innovators from around the world and will features an incredible selection of 12 guest “innovators” who will share their views on creativity, innovation and its impact on important social issues of our time. We are proud that the event will be moderated by Gratitude Network’s Randy Haykin.
The Gratitude Foundation plans to make investments each year in not-for-profit or for-profit entities that are looking for mentorship and annual investment to reach profitability or sustainability.
We will be giving out $100,000 – $500,000 awards for organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Game-changing technology, product, business model or leadership approach
- Completed product/service (or successful Pilot), ready to scale
- Incredible leadership team with vision, foresight and passion
- Market opportunity that we can agree upon together